Saturday, November 26, 2005

Follow the Signs

Have you ever been on a trip to an unknown specific location? Ever driven along with just the signs on the road to give you hope of your destination?

I went on a mini road trip to Oconomowoc today to visit my good friends Emiley and Helaine. Those that know me, know that I lack good driving skills (aka: the survival skills when lost or befuddled skills). I'm good when I know where I'm going. I guess I'm not the "devide and conquer" type of person.

Okay, to be honest, I had more than signs to follow. I had a detailed step-by-step route that I had scribbled on the back of a reciept. That reciept was valued as priceless to me on my way to Emiley's house. Do you know why? Because that was the only way I was ever going to find what I was looking for.

This reminds me of the simple truth of following the road-map God has written for us. So many times I look for "signs" here and there that might possibly lead me in the right direction, but I fail to examine the step-by-step procedures that God outlines in his letter to me.

Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. - Isaiah 55:6-9

2 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Kutzie said...

oops. I knew that. I don't know what I was thinking...maybe I wasn't thinking. Sorry! (:
Wow, it's this weekend already. I haven't gotten anything in my box yet... hmm.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger jules said...

i love that verse! thanks for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home