Saturday, March 07, 2009

Grandparents' Day

So vote please. My husband thinks it should be Grandparent's Day. What do you think?
He just said that no one will look at this, so if you happen to be reading this, please support my case. :)

So we had Grandparents' Day this past Friday. I had never heard of this until coming out east. We don't have g-day in the midwest. This was a new experience. I was a little nervous of the unexpected because the grandparents were going to be in our rooms for an hour and a half. We decided to play games and have the kids challenge their g's to oral math facts.

The day started off a little rough though. Let me give you a minute-by-minute rundown of the first hour of my day:

7:55 Students enter classroom
8:05 Students write in stenos and check them with me
8:06 Someone discovers throw-up on the carpet behind my desk
8:07 An adult happens to wander into my room, so I ask her to monitor while I check on the poor sick child who ran to the bathroom.
8:10 I sprinkle stuff on the t-u that will soak it up
8:15 I send the students to Computer (Thank God) while Mr. Thaxton, Pastor Hodnett, and I try to figure out how to clean up mess.
8:17 High school students are bringing in chairs to set up the rooms for g-day. We holler at them to stay out of the land-mines and set up yellow signs along the patches
8:20 The ill student is given a school spirt shirt to change into. Thanks office ladies! Mother is called, and her things are gathered for her as she sits in the office to go home. Poor thing.
8:35 Being that there's no janitors on site yet, we make the executive decision to sweep and vacuum up the mess.
8:45 I finish filing my papers for the Friday Folders and Mr. Thaxton sprays Frabreeze in my room.
8:50 I pick up my students from Computer, and we take a Bible Quiz and it's off to the program for the grandparents!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home