Sunday, November 27, 2005

Signing vs.Saying


We had Carolyn Price, missionary to Bolivia, stay at our house this weekend. She gave a testimony in church today, and she showed us her powerpoint presentation. This presentation was different than any others I've heard. There was no narraration, no music, and no sound. We watched a 15 minute presentation in silence. She's a missionary to the deaf.

I have always admired sign language. Not many people know that, but for a long time I've always had this desire to learn it. After having Miss Price in our home, it seems like I should be doing something about this abnormal interest. I don't think Maranatha offers a course in signing, but I might be looking into MATC or some local college sometime in the future to take a class in sign language. These people have a language all of their own. I don't and can't understand what their world must be like.

Here are some verses that Carolyn Price mentioned tonight. I liked them, so I'm sharing them.

Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God: Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved. - I Corinthians 10:32-33

But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand. - Romans 15:21

1 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger jules said...

hannah, i've always wanted to do sign language too, and do something sorta into voice pathology after my time here. i hope u find what u want, that's neat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home