Saturday, March 21, 2009

Just incase... and "that's what my mom says!"

One of my students came up to me at the end of the day the other day and showed me her paper. (If they have all their work done at the end of the day, they get to draw or read.) I looked at letters that looked like they were written by a kindergardener. I nodded and said, "What's this?" She went on to tell me that her sister once broke her arm and it was the arm she wrote with so she had to write with her other hand, and so she (my student) decided to start practicing writing with her left hand just incase she would ever break her right hand. She was totally serious about it.

My students were giving me a run for my money the other day, and I (like most teachers or parents or anyone who has ever interacted and been in charge of children) was struggling. I finally spoke out, "Lord, give me patience!" Immediately, one child spoke out, "That's what my mom says when she's home on Saturdays with all three of us kids!" I just had to laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home