Sunday, September 13, 2009

playing house

I have started my 3rd year teaching 2nd grade and am loving it! My class is a cute bunch. They are still into playing pretend and they will do ANYTHING for a sticker. I love whoever invented stickers.

I was doing playground duty last week and heard a very cute exchange that I just had to quick type into my memo list on my Palm Centro. If I don't write it down right away, I'll forget this cute stuff, and I'll kick myself for it. So anyway, here is the dialogue:

Girl: (Standing by school wall - holding up her left arm, and cupping her right hand to the side of her mouth and yells) You forgot your lunch!!
Boy: (Who is walking down the sidewalk away from her, turns when he hears her and rushes back to her side, pretends to grab the lunch, and then starts walking away again.)
Girl: (Yells after him) The car broke down!!!
Boy: (Turns, and yells back) No! I have my truck, remember!!??
(He continues walking away from her, notices me watching him, and says nonchalantly..) Girls are so weird. We're playing house, and I'm the dad.

These kids are so cute. One was reading a story the other day to me where the boy was blowing out his birthday candles on the cake. The boy turned to me, and with all seriousness said, "So does a person's birthday actually happen when they cut the cake?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home