Saturday, February 04, 2006

homework

5.1.1.4 Raphanobrassica
The Russian cytologist Karpchenko (1927, 1928) crossed the radish, Raphanus sativus, with the cabbage, Brassica oleracea. Despite the fact that the plants were in different genera, he got a sterile hybrid. Some unreduced gametes were formed in the hybrids. This allowed for the production of seed. Plants grown from the seeds were interfertile with each other. They were not interfertile with either parental species. Unfortunately the new plant (genus Raphanobrassica) had the foliage of a radish and the root of a cabbage.


It's Saturday and I'm trying to get my online class done. (Which includes reading PAGES upon PAGES of information like above and leaving a rational comment) ugh. Pray for me.

2 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Dave Marriott said...

when your thoughts are neither modern nor creationary...
and the teacher expects something revolutionary...
you can always trust the big fat dictionary...

or something...

Sorry, Hannah, I just can't match up to your poem writing skills...i just don't have it in me.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Katiebug said...

Ok, so I don't miss having homework every night, papers to write, and mountians of projects looming over me. I guess that wasn't very nice of me to rub in the fact that I don't have to recieve homework anymore, now I only have the wonderful joy of giving out homework. Actually, my next blog is going to be along the lines of homework and young growing minds.
Anyways, thanks for the note on my blog the other day. We really do need to get togeter. I miss seeing all my wonderful college age people (yet another blog topic that I hope to get around to one of these days). Have a totally awesome day!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home