Monday, September 14, 2009

another day in second grade

We were looking at the review questions in our reading group, and a boy answered a question very specifically and in detail concerning a male duck with a green head. I asked the boy how he remembered it all, and he looked at me straight faced and said, "I'm a scientist. I like to study those things."
I few minutes later, we were discussing how cats have different qualities given by God that help them in life. Some ideas mentioned were that they have sharp claws to climb, they can jump and move quick, etc. The SAME boy spoke up and said, "They have whiskers so they can show love and kindness."

I can't take all this humor in one day!

In science class, I don't know how we got to it, but I mentioned how I grew up in Wisconsin, and a student raised his hand and asked me serious faced if I learned to speak English. Totally confused, I asked him to explain. He said, well, since I was from Wisconsin, did I speak English there?

I then did a little map lesson, and pulled down the U.S. map and showed them that ALL 50 states are part of the United States, and that we ALL speak English as our native tongue. Another student then raised her hand and asked, "But, do you speak 'wisconsin' too?"

lol! I honestly wonder if I'll have a book by the end of the school year!

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

I just ran across your blog. You have some very cute stories! Truly, you not only should blog more, but you really could bind them into a book. Surely, it'd sale! Kids are so cute! We adults could learn much from the way they see.

God bless you. May you help change the world... one sheep at a time! God has given you such a place of honor. Tend them well! It sounds like you do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home