Friday, December 16, 2005

All I want for Christmas

I had such a fun day today! I'm going to go on a memory kick for a second. When all four of us children were young and poor, my mother would take us to the dollar store. Each of us would get 5 dollars, and we'd go christmas shopping for our whole family! I remember carrying a shopping basket with my coat over it so my loved ones wouldn't see it's contents. Haha. We were so proud of our little gifts we found for each other.

Now let me tell you how today's shopping trip went. Kyle, Emily, and I went sputtering off to Johnson's Creek, playing Christmas songs off the radio the whole way. Oh, this was before Kyle cashed in his bottle of dimes at the bank. He got $51.20 for his collection! I think I'm going to start collecting change....

So, we were shopping together; all three of us. We went from Kohls, to culvers, to the outlets, to culvers, and back to Kohls again. What a riot! You really should have been there. haha. We threw the whole secrecy idea out the window and pointed out to each other what we wanted for christmas and then proceeded to buy the gifts for each other infront of each other. Our mom would not appreciate this method, so we're not going to tell her, and we're going to act all surprised when we open our gifts. We figured this way we don't have to bother with returning anything. We're all getting what we want! haha. It was sooo much fun. My little brother was fun to watch. He's only thirteen... I forget that because he's huge. He wanted this beanie. I already bought a sweater he picked out, and Emily got him something already too, so inbetween the three times we went into Gap, he finally bought it. He was wearing it proudly on the way home. What a nut.

So, I think I have all my shopping done! This is very good for me...I'm usually very late when it comes to christmas.

1 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger jules said...

we r finishing up shopping on monday! my sister has a checkup at the doctor in rochester... so we'll be around some good malls and outlets! it's always sooo fun to go christmas shopping :)
ok, i can totally see my brother doing something like kyle - that is SO funny!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home