Sunday, December 11, 2005

It's the little things in life...

Some of you know that I have Raynauds. Click at the link below if you really want to know what that is. Basically, my finger and toe muscles contract and don't allow blood to flow when I get cold. The results are my death-white fingers. (It is pretty cool to see. The guys in high school always were impressed and entertained.) I got it in 9th grade. I guess it's more common among women. We ran blood tests and they came back positive for lupus. These are just test results though. My only symptom of lupus is Raynauds. So, my lupus is inactive. Not a big deal. I just can't overdo things and wear myself out. (That sentence laughs in the face of college life.)
ANYWHOoo, lets get to the whole point of my title, "it's the little things.."
My parents got me little booties. (Another gift, I know!) These aren't your average slippers though, no sir. They have warmers in them. (They're like those hunting handwarmers, but they're reuseable and microwaveable.) I slipped them on this afternoon. HEAT! What an awesome gift God gave us. If you look into buying them, beware! These are made for sitters, not walkers. I about tripped three times yesterday.

(http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/raynaud/ar125fs.htm) - raynauds stuff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home