Sunday, December 18, 2005

Never a dull moment...

Truth is stranger than fiction. If anyone wanted to write an adventure story, I bet one would never pick a plot of a family hunting for honey on some backwoods wisconsin land in the middle of winter with some car-into-ditch action thrown in for some spice. Does anyone want to use this for a short story? I wouldn't. This was our day yesterday.

Here's the pro/con rundown:

Pro:
The nice honey people lived near where we went into the ditch and they helped us.
I didn't freeze
The nice honey lady took us to her house and made us hot cocoa
I got warm
The nice honey lady got some company. (she said she never get's any)
The wrecker came.. eventually
The nice honey man gave dad gas (we were almost out.)
After 2 hours, we eventually got what we were after - honey.
We got to give the nice honey people some tracts. (Ditch evangelism??)
Kyle did make it to his b-ball game
Mom got to go Shopping at walmart
We all got to watch Kyle play b-ball

Con:
The nice honey man had to freeze while helping us
The nice honey people are out of hot cocoa
The nice honey man is out of gas
The nice honey people have a wet floor from our shoes
Dad learned he can't talk on the phone and turn the car around at the same time (Wait, maybe that's a pro.)
We never got to go back home before the b-ball game.
Poor buddy (our dog) was home alone in his crate for a very LONG time.

There's a lot more to this story, but I don't have time. Just beware that honey hunting in wisconsin is dangerous. (:

4 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Dave Marriott said...

kutzie,
maybe its a wisconsin thing, but can you explain the honey thing?

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Kutzie said...

I know. You'd think we'd just get it at the store like everyone else. My dad had some from this guy at a farmer's market one time. He liked it, so he found where he lived and decided to stop there on the way home from our christmas get-to-gether. We don't normally just go driving in hopes to find food, but ya know, we ARE from Wisconsin. As I've grown up, I've learned that we are a little different. (I thought the whole world loved brats and friday night fishfrys.)

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Dave Marriott said...

Before my family started sending us kids to Maranatha, I thought a brat was a disorderly child. Anywho...I'm glad to hear that you don't make a habit of this honey thing.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger jules said...

o! i want to go honey hunting! :) never done that before! sure sounds like an eventful day, hannah! glad u r having a good time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home